- The balsa was wet throughout the rudder.
- Half of the rudder was rotten with no structural integrity.
- All water damage was a result of the 7 bolts holes exposing the balsa wood.
- It took 2 hours to cut open and clean out both sides.
- When cutting open above the water line leave at least 1" from the leading and trailing edges.
- When cutting below the water line leave 3.5 inches from the trailing edge and 1 inch from the leading edge.
Saturday, February 2, 2008
Cutting open the rudder - Summary